The rules of conduct for library patrons is as follows:
I. The following activities are not allowed in the library:
- Eating, drinking, or smoking.
- Playing electronic equipment so that others can hear it.
- Bringing animals into the library except those needed to assist a person with a disability.
- Misusing the restrooms.
- Leaving a child under the age of 10 unattended in the library.
- Talking loudly, making noise or engaging in other disruptive conduct.
- Interfering with another person’s use of the library or with the library staff’s performance of their duties.
- Carrying a weapon into the library unless authorized by law. Any patron authorized to carry a weapon must notify library staff that he/she is carrying a weapon in the library.
- Unusual behavior which might be related to drug or alcohol consumption or selling will be noted and reported to the proper authorities.
- Using the library phone for any calls other than emergency calls home.
II. Shoes and shirts must be worn.
III. Library privileges may be denied for the following reasons:
- Damaging library property.
- Stealing library materials.
- Physically harming library staff or patrons.
- Threatening or persistently inappropriate behavior.
- Violating any of our policies.