Digital Media Lab
The Digital Media Lab is located in the Quiet Room. It is open during our regular hours but closes 30 minutes before the rest of the library. Instructions are available for the equipment. Staff are available to help with basic features of the lab, including using the Sony DVDirect, scanning, saving, printing, etc. If you need in-depth help, please schedule a session for Tech Time.
- Anyone age 12 or higher can use the lab. A valid library card is required. All equipment is for use in the library only. Children ages 12-18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. All work must be saved onto an external storage device. You can bring your own or purchase a USB from the library. Files left on our computer are regularly erased.
- HP Touchsmart Computer with Blu-Ray burner
- Canoscan 9000F flatbed scanner with slide attachment
- Flip Mino HD Video Camera
- Sony DVDirect Recorder
- HP Printer
- Green/Blue Screen
- Dual VHS / DVD player
- USB Floppy Disk Drive
- American Machines Button Maker
- Anime Studio 8
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0
- Photo Studio 6
- CyberLink Media Suite
- Autodesk Sketchbook Pro
- Manga Studio Debut 4
- Microsoft Office Suite 2013
Just a few things you can do…
- transfer slides, VHS, camcorder tapes, and SD cards to DVD
- transfer from 3.5″ floppy disks to USB flash drive or DVD
- edit and manipulate pictures and video
- create illustrations, graphics, and animation
- scan, print, and copy documents and photos
- make buttons with the button machine
Cost for button making
Buttons are $1.00 each. We supply you with the button pieces and machine, you supply the image printed or drawn on regular paper. Please remember not to violate copyright law.
How long does it take to transfer VHS tapes to DVD?
It will take the same length of time as if you watched the video. For example if you have a 1.5 hour video it will take 1.5 hours to transfer it to DVD. If you are transferring from a camcorder tape (other than VHS) you must bring the camcorder and cables for it with you.