Digital Media Lab
What equipment is in the Lab?
- HP Touchsmart All-in-One Computer with Blu-Ray burner
- Canoscan 9000F flatbed scanner with slide attachment
- Wacom Bamboo Splash Tablet
- Flip Mino HD Video Camera
- Sony DVDirect Recorder
- HP Photosmart Wireless Printer
- Afinia 3D Printer
- Kodak Digital Camera
- Green/Blue Screen
- Dual VHS / DVD player
- USB Floppy Disk Drive
- Afinia 3D printer
- Afinia 3D scanner
- American Machines Button Maker
What software is available?
- Anime Studio 8
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0
- Photo Studio 6
- CyberLink Media Suite
- Autodesk Sketchbook Pro
- Manga Studio Debut 4
- Microsoft Office Suite 2013
What can I do?
- transfer slides, VHS, camcorder tapes, and SD cards to DVD
- transfer from 3.5″ floppy disks to USB flash drive or DVD
- edit and manipulate pictures and video
- create illustrations, graphics, and animation
- scan, print, and copy documents and photos
- print objects using the 3D printer
- scan 3D objects on the 3D scanner
- make buttons with the button machine
How much does the 3D printer cost?
How much do buttons cost?
Buttons are $1.00 each. We supply you with the button pieces and machine, you supply the image printed or drawn on regular paper. Please remember not to violate copyright by using protected images.
Can I save my work on your computer?
No, all work must be saved onto an external storage device. Bring your own USB or disc or we have CD’s, DVD’s, Blu-rays and USB flash drives available for purchase. Any files left on our computer are periodically erased.
How long does it take to transfer VHS tapes to DVD?
It will take the same length of time as if you watched the video. For example if you have a 1.5 hour video it will take 1.5 hours to transfer it to DVD. If you are transferring from a camcorder tape you must bring the camcorder and cables for it with you.
Who can use the Lab?
Anyone age 12 or higher can use the lab. A valid library card is required. All equipment is for use in the library only. Children ages 12-18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
To use our 3-D printer or scanner, you must take a certification class. Certification classes take approximately 30 minutes each; please call to sign up. A parent or guardian must be present if under the age of 18.
Where is it and when can I use it?
The Digital Media Lab is located in the Quiet Room. It is open during our regular hours but closes 30 minutes before the rest of the library. Instructions are available for using our equipment and staff can answer any questions you have.
What if I need help?
Staff are available to help with basic features of the lab, including using the Sony DVDirect, scanning, saving, printing, etc. If you need in-depth help, please schedule a session for Tech Time.