The Lee-Whedon Memorial Library is seeking an enthusiastic, forward-thinking, and technology-savvy Assistant Director/Librarian I. We are looking for someone who is community minded, flexible, and enjoys working with people of all ages. This person needs outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities. The Assistant Director will be responsible for programming, marketing, collection development, community engagement, and various administrative tasks.
Responsibilities and Skills:
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
• Eagerness to develop new skills
• Stay informed of professional developments through literature, workshops, and conferences
• Tact and courtesy in dealing with staff and the public
• MLS from an ALA accredited library school
• NYS Public Librarian’s Certificate or possession of certificate at the time of appointment
• Live within Orleans County at time of appointment
• Meet all Civil Service requirements
The ideal candidate enjoys interacting with the community, problem solving, has a strong work ethic, is easily adaptable, and is enthusiastic about helping others. Lee-Whedon Memorial Library is a school district public library located in Western New York. The library serves a population of approximately 11,000.
This is a full time position. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid vacation, sick time, and holidays. The library also contributes towards health insurance and the NYS Retirement system.
Send resume and 3-5 references to
Lee-Whedon Memorial Library
620 West Ave
Medina, NY 14103