The rules of conduct for library patrons is as follows:
- Appropriate clothing and footwear are required.
- Please speak in quiet voice, refrain from cell phone conversation in the Library, and use headphones for all audio.
- Food and drinks are not allowed with the exception of water in clear, resealable containers.
- Alcohol, tobacco/cigarettes of any kind, lighters/open flame and illegal drugs are prohibited on Library property.
- Animals, other than service animals, may not be inside or left unattended outside the Library.
- Sleeping or loitering on Library property is prohibited.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children’s behavior. Children under the age of 10 may not be left unattended in the library.
- Adults not accompanied by a child or not actively using children’s materials may not be in the Children’s area.
- Any behavior that hinders the use of the Library or Library materials or interferes with Library staff is prohibited. Such behavior includes but is not limited to the following:
- any activity prohibited by law, including possession, sale, or use of alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, or weapons on Library property, intoxication or behavior leading to suspicion of intoxication.
- Violent, threatening, or harassing behavior either verbal or physical.
- Loud talk, language that is rude or inappropriate or that disturbs other individuals.
- Damaging or defacing Library property.
- Buying, selling, or soliciting for personal or commercial gain without permission of the Director.
- Offensive personal hygiene.
- Use of skateboards or other sports equipment in the Library.
Depending on the level of seriousness staff may employ one of the following consequences: verbal warning, expulsion, suspension of library privileges for a specified period of time, barring the patron from the library for a specified period of time. Library staff reserve the right to summon police assistance at any time.