The rules of conduct for library patrons is as follows:
- Appropriate clothing and footwear are required.
- Please speak in quiet voice, refrain from cell phone conversation in the Library, and use headphones for all audio.
- Food and drinks are not allowed with the exception of water in clear, resealable containers.
- Alcohol, tobacco/cigarettes of any kind, lighters/open flame and illegal drugs are prohibited on Library property.
- Animals, other than service animals, may not be inside or left unattended outside the Library.
- Sleeping or loitering on Library property is prohibited.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children’s behavior. Children under the age of 10 may not be left unattended in the library.
- Adults not accompanied by a child or not actively using children’s materials may not be in the Children’s area.
- Any behavior that hinders the use of the Library or Library materials or interferes with Library staff is prohibited. Such behavior includes but is not limited to the following:
- any activity prohibited by law, including possession, sale, or use of alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, or weapons on Library property, intoxication or behavior leading to suspicion of intoxication.
- Violent, threatening, or harassing behavior either verbal or physical.
- Loud talk, language that is rude or inappropriate or that disturbs other individuals.
- Damaging or defacing Library property.
- Buying, selling, or soliciting for personal or commercial gain without permission of the Director.
- Offensive personal hygiene.
- Use of skateboards or other sports equipment in the Library.
- To ensure a respectful workplace and Library experience, filming, photographing, and recording any person, including an employee, without express consent is forbidden. People may request the ability to film the premises and staff on site from the Board of Trustees; if the activity will not interrupt work or violate the rights of the employee, it will be allowed. Filming, photographing, or recording minors on Library premises is absolutely forbidden without written consent of the child’s parent or guardian. Credentialed journalists wishing to film in the library in their professional capacity are exempt from this policy, so long as filming does not interrupt operations or harass patrons and with permission of the Director or Board.
Depending on the level of seriousness staff may employ one of the following consequences: verbal warning, expulsion, suspension of library privileges for a specified period of time, barring the patron from the library for a specified period of time. Library staff reserve the right to summon police assistance at any time.