Lee-Whedon now has Tablets and Chromebooks available for circulation, with a valid library card. Before borrowing a device from the Lee-Whedon Memorial Library, please read the policies listed below. You will be required to sign to verify that you understand the lending requirements upon checkout. Failure to adhere to these policies may result in the borrower being prevented from using this service in the future.
● Must be 18 years or older with a library card in good standing
● Device must be checked out on your own card
● Device can be checked out for two weeks at a time with no renewals
● There is a $1 a day fine for overdue devices.
● Do not return the device in the bookdrop. The device must be returned inside, to Medina Library only
● One device per household
● All associated items must be returned with the device
● Parents/guardians are responsible for use of the device by minors
● The library will accept holds on devices. Patrons will be notified when their hold is ready for pick-up. Patrons will have one week from the time of the notification call to check out the device, after such time it will be released to another patron.
● Devices can only be checked out and returned at the Medina library.
● When returned, devices will be reset to factory settings. Anything saved on the device will be deleted. The library is not responsible for anything lost
● The devices are managed by the library and can be locked by us if not returned.
● Borrower is responsible for the device and will be charged replacement costs for the items if they are lost or damaged. Replacement costs for items: Samsung tablet – $250, Samsung Chromebook –$400, lost charger (tablet) – $12, lost charger (Chromebook) – $20.